jueves, 19 de enero de 2012

Burial of Ornans!!!!

Hi, today I will write about my favorite art’s piece.
The name of this piece is “Burial of Ornans”, painted by Gustave Courbet, he was a French painter who leader the realist movement in 19th century. Courbert occupies an important place in 19th century French painting as an innovator and an artist willing to make bold social commentary in his work. Coubert made this picture in a period as critical in the history of France as for the history of the modern art.
“Entierro en Ornans” is a one of the major turning points of the 19th centuries. The painting report the funeral of this great uncle in the painter is birthplace, the small town of Ornans. It treats a provincial funeral with critical realism and on the scale traditionally reserved for the heroic or religious scenes of history painting.
In this picture, the people who had attended the funeral were use as models in it.
A critical of this picture is that lacks the sentimental rhetoric that was expected in his work, because the people do not make dramatic gestures of angst and their faces seem live the moment like a daily deal.
I like this picture because have history and because I am interested in the new realist direction and the fantasy of romanticism decadent of the period. In addition, I like because the painter appear in the picture in first plane like witness and the diversity (range social) of the participants.
Courbet said that the “Burial of Ornnans” was in reality the burial of romanticism…

4 comentarios:

  1. jessy, the realist girl! jaja nice picture anyway, looks 'very real' berp jajajaaja

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Good painting! So may people, with so many expression, excellent!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I like your vision about your picture, is very interesting. Also your picture has so many details, it express the Courbet talent. Great dear dear jessy!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. courbet is a great artist, I like him!
    but I think that I prefer other pieces more than “Burial of Ornans”, such as "the origin of the world" or "the painter's studio"

    ResponderEliminar